
On Monday we had our wonderful Nobel Prize festivities in the Town
Hall of Stockholm. On one of our TV channels we could follow what was
happening all day long, also behind the exterior facade, as for
example have a look in the kitchen where 20 cooks were preparing the
Nobel menu, see how all the flowers were put in place. Maybe you know
that they are a gift from San Remo each year. You could also see the
french Nobel Prize winner in physics be measured by a tailor for his
dress suit and his wife visiting a fashion house in Paris to choose a
dress for the great event, which by the way is not at all a snobbish
etiquette exercise but a generous party where the good mood and the
witty conversation reign.
Earlier that day we could see a wonderful American documentary
about Doris Lessing the Nobel prize winner in literature. Despite her
advanced age (88 years) she is still a strong personality who can take
an annoying reporter down. Above all she refuses to be regarded as an
feminist icon. I just like that woman and I wish she was my
grandmother .. *smile* .. sorry, I forgot my own age... I mean
mother.:-)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen